Sunday, April 15, 2007

I would like to thank...

Wednesday 21st March

Today was award day – lots of photos, smiling and cringing when they played my video piece in the huge presentation area at Cyberport. It was bad enough having a banner with my face looming at me while I ate my lunch but I had to listen to myself over loud speakers. I should have brought my ear plugs from the airplane.
During the rest if the day we attended the Digital Entertainment Leadership Forum (DELF). We got to listen and mingle with some very distinguished speakers here are some of them;

Scott Ross CEO of AWOL Pictures, Founder and Former Chairman and CEO of Digital Domain (Apollo 13, I Robot).

Warren Franklin CEO of Rainmaker (De Vinci Code, Garfield).

Paul Wang Imagi (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Edward Jones The Light Exchange (Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Witches of Eastwick, Happy Feet etc etc)

Michael Stephens who is a leading film and entertainment lawyer from NZ - WingNut.


Stef and Scott Ross:

I agree with Stef's comment , 'The Digital Pioneers programme is all about challenging our preconceptions and our business models.' Read his blog for a much more in depth viewpoint of the Digital Leadership Forum.

Cyberport arranged for a behind the scenes tour of Happy Valley racetrack.

A surreal experience because the race track was floodlit with a backdrop of the HK skyscrapers.

Multicoloured race pages are frantically studied by a strange mix of ex-pats drinking Pimms and locals eating noodles. This man told me to put a bet on number 10...it came first. If you know who this man contact me we have some race tracks to visit!




No comments: