Saturday, April 14, 2007

A stinging of a starter

Tuesday 20th March
Another United Nations breakfast and possibly yet
another 12 course lunch means I force myself to the gym. However it is located in another block to the hotel and the walk seems a workout in itself! The pool and health suite are on the 11th floor. I am beginning to forget what ground level looks like.
The morning was spent at the very nice building for the British Council in HK. They have free internet access – hoorah I miss my email. There has been no time to check it as the schedule has been so packed. It has been strange having your day planned and being taxied around.

We were given a talk and advice by 3 of the people that were on the interviewing panel for the HK pioneers.

Prof Desmond Hui with whom I share a gardening interest , he told me I must visit a place called Miaoli in Taiwain where he has a holiday home.

Bee-Leng Chua director of the Centre for Entreprenuership at the Chinese University of HK

Dr Gino Yu is Head of the Digital Entertainment Association of HK and a man who knows everyone. I am to seek out a man called Bobsee who owns the Life Café in HK and likes to plant trees,

More interviews on video are given – I really prefer being behind the camera especially when there is no hair and makeup artist on hand.

A lavish lunch was given at The
Meridian and Vernie Yueng joins us but sadly I didn’t get a chance to ask him about what it was like working with Kylie Minogue.
Adventurous dish of the day is jelly fish. I‘m use to beating them with stones and burying them in the sand in Greece. They look just like noodles and if I had not been told what they were I would never had known that they were actually a stinging sea creature.

Tonight we visited the Asian
Film Awards.

It’s a bit like the Oscars for Asian cinema. Lots of screaming fans (female) with illuminated boards saying I luv u! and waving them at the male actors up for nomination.

The event was held in the conference centre next to our hotel with amazing views of the harbour. They previewed lots of films I can’t wait to see. Hope I can get them back in the UK. Best Film was The Host from South Korea.


No comments: