Saturday, April 14, 2007

Do fish have balls?

Monday 18 March

In the evening we headed for MongKok Kowloon for something to eat and a chance to see street life in HK. MongKok means flourishing or busy corner in Chinese. Well every district we have been to fits this name.

There are so many places to eat that you can become overwhelmed with what to choose. Many of them are curb-side food stalls. Most of them sell traditional snacks such as fish balls, fried tofu and various dim sum

Following my own rule of a colour co-ordinated interior design must mean a clean kitchen I dragged the guys into Aberdeen Fish Ball Noodles. I only found it was called this from Amy the next day as there were hardly any signs in English. But if you are trying to find it yourself look out for the black and white décor.

Stafford and Stef looking very apprehensive about where I have dragged them into.

I must admit I am a little nervous when I see what is on the menu.

Don’t worry guys they serve beer...


San Miguel and according to the waiter it is local beer!

There is supposed to be a flower market in this district but we did not find it – one for the next visit.

No comments: