Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Insomnia on an Island






I’m spending a couple of days in Hong Kong shaking off the jet lag and preparing myself for the expected culture shock that is China. I’m waking at random twilight times and having become bored of BBC News 24 I’ve begun taking pictures of and from my hotel room. Past times such as choosing which of the 5 different bottles of water to drink have become popular.





After meeting my art director at Corbis I went to look at the Hong Kong Flower Show. I’m a regular photographer at the RHS Flower Shows in England so I wanted to compare this major Asian show. With an attendance of over 500,000 it was just as hectic as the Chelsea Flower Show. Their seemed to be more emphasis on flower arranging rather than landscaping but considering where most of the visitors live, in high rise buildings perched on rocks, this seemed suitable for the audience.

Average age of visitors was 70+



No comments: